UP!

AUQ $2.86   View long term graphs

AuRico Gold Inc.
Type
Public
Traded as TSX: AUQ
NYSE: AUQ
Industry Mining Exploration
Founded 1986
Headquarters Halifax, NS, Canada
Key people
Scott Perry (President & CEO)
Products Gold Silver
Website www.auricogold.com

AuRico Gold is an intermediate gold mining and exploration company that, until August 2011 operated only in Mexico. It reached intermediate gold producer status in August 2011 when Northgate Minerals agreed to be taken over for C$1.46 billion. Gammon Gold was an exploration company until 2004 when it started producing for the first time. Assets also include silver and copper.

The company began as Golden Rock Explorations, Inc. on February 23, 1986 (date of incorporation). In 1998, it renamed Gammon Lake Resources, Inc. Over the next 13 years, it changed names two more times, first to Gammon Gold Inc on June 18, 2007 then to AuRico Gold in May 2011.

On August 9, 2006, AuRico finalized the $451 million takeover of Mexgold Resources Inc., which owned the Guadalupe y Calvo gold and silver project in Mexico.

In April 2011, the company acquired Capital Gold for $408 million after 67% of Capital Gold's shareholders voted in favor of the deal. Assets included El Chanate and the Orion gold project in Mexico.

On May 16, 2011, it changed its name to AuRico Gold, the new name is a combination of Au ('Gold') and Rico (meaning 'rich' in Spanish).

On August 29, 2011, it acquired Vancouver-based Northgate Minerals in a C$1.46 billion deal (US$1.49 billion). The new company (62% owned by AuRico shareholders with the other 38% residing with Northgate's shareholders) will have 83% more gold resources than AuRico had beforehand; Including the takeover of Capital Gold, AuRico increased gold reserves by about 70% in less than five months.

There are two operations in Mexico and one operation in Canada in addition to several advanced development properties in Mexico and British Columbia.

Home to two producing properties.

In 2002, the company announced strategic alliance with Bolnisi Gold NL, to take its Ocampo Project in Mexico into production.

News

Q reports

Period Date Adjusted Actuals EPS GAAP EPS
Q3 2015 2015-11-09 Future report Set alerts
Q2 2015 2015-08-06 Future report Set alerts
Q1 2015 2015-05-06 -0.03 -0.14
Q4 2014 2015-02-19 -0.04 -0.43
Q3 2014 2014-11-06 -0.02 -0.06
Q2 2014 2014-08-07 -0.06 -0.07
Q1 2014 2014-05-08 -0.03 -0.12
Q4 2013 2014-03-03 -0.02 -0.43
Q3 2013 2013-11-07 0.00 0.04
Q2 2013 2013-08-08 0.02 -0.42

Ratings

2015-06-25 Reiterated Rating Morgan Stanley Underweight $3.75 to $3.50
2015-06-25 Reiterated Rating Credit Suisse Neutral $3.50 to $3.00
2015-06-25 Reiterated Rating Credit Suisse Group AG Neutral $3.50 to $3.00
2015-06-15 Upgrade Desjardins Hold to Buy
2015-05-19 Downgrade Desjardins Buy to Hold
2015-05-08 Reiterated Rating Canaccord Genuity Buy
2015-05-07 Downgrade Credit Suisse Outperform to Neutral $3.50
2015-04-09 Upgrade Canaccord Genuity Hold to Buy $5.00 to $4.75
2015-03-11 Upgrade Raymond James Market Perform to Strong-Buy $4.50
2015-03-11 Upgrade Raymond James Financial Inc. Market Perform to Strong-Buy $4.50
2015-02-20 Reiterated Rating Canaccord Genuity Hold
2015-01-14 Downgrade Canaccord Genuity Buy to Hold
2014-12-04 Downgrade Morgan Stanley Equal Weight to Underweight $4.60 to $4.30
2014-11-24 Reiterated Rating Desjardins Buy to Hold
2014-11-24 Downgrade Raymond James Outperform to Market Perform $5.25 to $4.50
2014-11-10 Upgrade Canaccord Genuity Hold to Buy
2014-10-03 Upgrade RBC Capital Sector Perform to Outperform $5.50 to $4.75
2014-10-03 Upgrade Royal Bank Of Canada Sector Perform to Outperform $5.50 to $4.75
2014-09-03 Initiated Coverage Morgan Stanley Equal Weight $5.00
2014-07-10 Downgrade Canaccord Genuity Buy to Hold
2014-04-23 Initiated Coverage Credit Suisse Outperform
2014-03-06 Reiterated Rating Credit Suisse Outperform $5.00 to $6.00
2013-10-07 Upgrade Credit Suisse Neutral to Outperform $5.50 to $5.00
2013-10-03 Upgrade Raymond James Market Perform to Outperform $5.75
2015-06-25 Reiterated Rating Morgan Stanley Underweight $3.75 to $3.50
2015-06-25 Reiterated Rating Credit Suisse Neutral $3.50 to $3.00
2015-06-25 Reiterated Rating Credit Suisse Group AG Neutral $3.50 to $3.00
2015-06-15 Upgrade Desjardins Hold to Buy
2015-05-19 Downgrade Desjardins Buy to Hold

There is presents forecasts of rating agencies and recommendations for investors about this ticker

Funds

In AUQ 2 funds of 2183 total. Show all

Fund name Ticker shares
Dynamic Technology Lab Pte Ltd 35658
NEW ENGLAND SECURITIES CORP /MA/ 200

Major Shareholders

Name Relationship Total Shares Holding stocks

Comments